We are happy to announce a new feature on TweeNet, the inclusion of external news feeds. There are the following benifits:
- More content on the TweeNet home page which wasn't updated often enough.
- A single page which list news from all kinds of sources in the indiepop world.
- People who are using RSS readers can now subscribe to a single indiepop feed and get additional content automatically whenever new sources are added.
- Third parties such as Matinée were always able to add their news stories to the TweeNet home page, but they had to do this manually. Now, this can happen automatically without any copy/paste.
If you would like to provide a TweeNet news feed, please note the following:
- The content you are providing must be indiepop related and interesting for a global audiance. We don't allow the announcements of gigs or shows as they are specific to a particular location or country.
- You can choose whether your whole news item will be displayed on TweeNet or just the headline with a link back to your site.
- You need to supply your news as an RSS2 or Atom feed in an XML file on your site.
- If you don't know what that means or can't do it, you must have your news items available on a web page in a strict format. This format can be specific to you but we need to know it so we can download your news-page and parse for your news items.
If you have pages that display a single item, that's great. If you have a big page with loads of items, I need to know where one item starts and where it ends. Ideally you really want to have a RSS2 for your news anyway.
If you would like to take part or learn more, please
to the contact page
and let use know.
At the moment we have the following sources for news: